No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Nikon AF S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G lens
The AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G optical design allows a different look and feel to images taken with zoom lenses, and its dimensions are ideal for discrete snapshots and landscape shooting with a picture angle that approximates that of the human eye. With its rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening, out-of-focus elements appear more natural. When mounted on a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is the 35mm equivalent focal length of 50mm.what’s in the box: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX Lens, HB-46 Bayonet Lens Hood for AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G, 52mm Snap-On Lens Cap, LF-1 Rear Lens Cap for F Mount Lenses, CL-0913 Soft Lens Case and 5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension).
From the Manufacturer
With a compact, lightweight design, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G provides the high reproduction capability and picture quality for which Nikkor lenses are renowned at an affordable price. The ring type SWM offers quiet AF operation. Although all lens groups shift during focusing, the front element and filter mount do not rotate and the barrel length does not change, which is useful when using filter mounted SB-R200 Wireless Remote Speedlight units.
The AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G optical design allows a different look and feel to images taken with zoom lenses, and its dimensions are ideal for discrete snapshots and landscape shooting with a picture angle that approximates that of the human eye. With its rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening, out-of-focus elements appear more natural. When mounted on a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is the 35mm equivalent focal length of 50mm.
The AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G has two focus modes, M/A (manual override autofocus) and M (manual focus). The M/A mode enables instant manual switching during AF operation. The lens also features a rubber seal to minimize moisture ingression around the mount and can focus down to 0.3 meters (0.98 ft).
AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Lens Highlights
- Fast, f/1.8 prime lens is perfect for low-light conditions, travel, environmental portrait and general photography
- Engineered for Nikon DX-format D-SLRS, the AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens renders a picture angle approximating the classic normal angle of view of a 50mm lens on a Nikon FXformat digital SLR or 35mm film camera
- Aspherical lens element minimizes coma and other types of lens aberrations, further improving image integrity
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers color consistency and reduced flare
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- Close focusing to 1 foot for creative perspectives and versatility
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- Accepts 52mm filter attachments
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||HB-46|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F (DX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||2.76 x 2.76 x 2.09 inches|
|Item Display Weight||200 grams|
|Item Weight||0.44 pounds|
|Macro Focus Range||0.30 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Material Type||Plastic barrel, Metal mount|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F1.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||35 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||APS-C / DX|
|Minimum Focal Length||35 mm|
|Minimum Focal Range||35 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||7|
|Number of Elements||8|
|Number of Groups||6|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||52 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||44 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||1.01 pounds|
|Style Name||Lens Only|